7. You want to figure out how to be a better friend/family member. Teacher training teaches you how to listen in a deep, intuitive way.
8. You want to share yoga with others. The best way to share something is to learn how to teach it.
9. You want to learn alternative ways to heal bodies and hearts. Yoga teacher training is especially useful for people in physical and psychological therapy.
10. You want to learn about Ayurveda. (Trust me. You do want to learn about this.)
11. You want to learn how to help people with your hands. Providing hands-on adjustments can be really scary. But you’ll learn how to gently guide bodies into safe and supportive postures.
12. You want to understand where yoga came from. This is key. It’s hard to share a practice with such deep roots when you don’t understand where it came from and how it became what it is in the West.
13. You want to become a better partner. So much of leading a yoga class is clearly and simply explaining what you expect from your class. Imagine being able to do that during a heated moment with your life partner!
18. You want to learn from some of your favorite teachers. The best way to get close to your favorite teachers is to take a teacher training from them.
19. You’re ready for a life of integrity. It’s a lot harder to gossip about people you love when you know that your students are looking up to you.
20. You want to try different styles of yoga or meditation. This is an effective way to learn what the entire scope of yoga has to offer.
21. You want to learn more about how to live a life of balance. This is by far one of the most rewarding parts of a teacher training.
22. You’re ready to own your life. Do you blame things on others a lot? This won’t be as easy to do after you graduate.
23. You want to see how diverse the world really is. When you teach, you are not teaching to a room full of athletic models. Learning to speak to everyone in the room is learning to understand that the world has a lot of very special people in it.
24. You want to make an investment in the future of your whole self. Teacher trainings aren’t cheap. But there isn’t a single part of me that regrets it. And I know I never will.
25. You want to fall in love with yourself. After you learn how hard you’ve been on yourself, you’ll figure out how to love yourself.
So. What are you waiting for?